Quickly made but heavenly good cookies that look like so much effort… while being super easy to do… and are perfect for every Occasion!
preparation time: 20 min
- 300 g spelt flour
- 100 g sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 200 g soft vegan butter / vegetable spread
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175°C/350°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, vanilla sugar and butter and knead to a smooth dough.
- Seperate dough in two equally sized halfs.
- Mix one of the halfs with the cocoa powder and the cinnamon.
- Roll out both doughs until they are about 1 cm high.
- Hint: Because the dough is quite sticky I recommend you use two sheets of baking paper and roll out the dogh in between. It will make things way easier.
- But the sheets of dough on top of each other and roll them into each other to form one long roll.
- Cut off equally thick Cookies (about 0,5 cm) from the roll and place them on a baking tray (with a baking sheet underneath). They grow a Little while being in the oven so I suggest you leave a little space beteween them to expand.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven with 175°C/350°F for around 7 minutes with heat from top and bottom.
- Take care: Cookies are really soft when you take them out of the oven! Give them some time to chill and harden up until you transfer them from the baking tray.
- Store them in a dark, cool place and don’t forget to enjoy!