Incredibly tasty and so easily made dressing for the perfect caesars salad that I serve to go with my meals on a weekly basis!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 100 g cashews
- 100 ml water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 x garlic glove
- 1 x small onion
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon mustard (rather sweet, e.g. Dijon)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- Soak cashews in cold water over night. If you for some reasons didn’t do that: no Problem! Just pour some boiling hot water on top and let soak for about 15 minutes. It is a pity for loosing some really cool nutrients, but it will do the job just fine.
- Mix all the other ingredients with the drained cashews and blend together. It would be awesome if you own a high performance mixer to make everything blend together to a smooth sauce, but if you only have a hand mixer like me, it will also work just fine.
- Taste the dressing and add salt an pepper until you have reached your perfect taste.
I mixed the dressing with a green leafed lettuce and added a handful of cherry tomatoes and some almond splinters to it. You can of course add other nuts or canned artichokes and capers, which add a whole new lovely flavour to the salad.
To make the caesar salad even more amazing, add some croutons on top. To make them just cut some slices of bread or toast in cubes and roast them with some vegan butter or vegetable oil in a pan and add some vegetable both powder to it to give it some exra taste. This is a fantastic way to use up that old and hardend left over bread.
You can store the dressing in the fridge and use it on your salad for several days, because you didn’t use any dairy and it will not go bad quickly. (: