This tasty vegetable spread is done so quickly and will add a fantastic new twist to your sandwich, your wraps and can of course also be used for further cooking. It doesn’t contain any refined sugar and consists of three main ingredients only… and tastes heavenly well…
- 300 g carrots
- 100g cashews
- a handful dried apricots (about 15)
- about 200 ml water
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of black pepper
- pinch of salt
- e.g. chilli or ginger if liked
- Chop up carrots in chunks, put them in a pot and cover with water (about 2 cm on top). Bring the water to a boil on the stove and let the carrots cook.
- While waiting on the carrots, chop up the apricots in small pieces.
- When the carrots start to soften up (takes about 10 minutes), add the chopped up apricots and the cashews to the pot. It doesn’t matter if the mixture in the pot is no longer fully covered by water, just stir around frequently.
- After about 5 minutes the carrots and apricots should be really soft. You can now take the pot of the stove, add the lemon juice and combine everything using a mixer or blender.
- Bottle the spread in little jars and let it chill in the fridge for about an hour before having it.
- You can easily store the spread in the fridge for a week and have it for all kinds of occasions.
Recommendation: the spread tastes amazing on fresh whole grain bread! To vary it, just blend in some fresh ginger or chilli… it adds a great twist to it!