Hommos: just always a good idea, no matter if as a spread on your sandwich or inside your wrap! The sweet potato gives the hommos a soft taste, the cayenne pepper makes it a little spicy – just perfect!
- 1 x big sweet potato
- 1 x can of chipeas
- 1 x lemon (+her lemon peel)
- 2 tablepoons tahini (Sesammus)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teasppon of black pepper
- 1/2 teasppon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teasppon of paprika powder
- pinch of cumin
- Stab the sweet potato with a fork for a few times and put her on a baking tray with 200°C/390°F for about 45 minutes until she begins to be very soft.
- Take the sweet potato out of the oven and take out the inside with a spoon, it should be really easy to do.
- Add all other ingredients and combine well with food processor or hand mixer. Season again with (cayenne-)pepper and salt unil you are happy with it.
- Take care: Don’t throw out the water of the chickpeas! The so called aquafaba is a little magician in the kitchen and can help you make fantastic vegan meals.
- Pour everything in left over jars or tupperware and leave in fridge for an hour before eating… I know, it’s hard!
- You can easily store the hommos in the fridge for a week. It is awesome on bread or wraps with falafel. Have a try and most importantly: enjoy and be good to yourself!