Falafelwraps are an amazing way to start a great evening with family and friends: you can eat, chat and relax, while everybody can put what is prefered on the own wrap and just leave out, what isn’t loved as much. Food connects us all, lets celebrate cureltyfree and healthy! Enjoy your wrap!
- wraps (2-3 each)
- hommos and / or veggy spread (I used sweet potato hommos and veggy spread carrot-apricot
- falafelballs, I used some with sesame seeds
- avocado, sliced sprinkle some lemon on it to prevent it from turning brown
- bell pepper, cut in stripes
- artichokes, hearts, marinaded
- cherry tomatoes, in halfes
- cucumber, sliced in stripes
- parsley, fresh
- salad, I used rocket salad, because it has a nice spice to it
- white tahini (sesame paste)
- If you like, you can add more vegan sauce. To make them really easily, just heat up some oil or vegan butter in a pan, throw in a chopped down onion and let it turn golden. Add some vegan cream cheese in a flavour of your choice and let it melt. if you like, you can add some vegan cream or milk and more spices. I made two sauces like that, one with a plain vegan creme cheese and one that contained dried tomatoes. Just experiment with what you like.
How to build the wrap:
- Heat up wraps on a baking tray in the oven. Take care not to leave them in too Long, it will make them turn all crispy and you won’t be able to fold them properly.
- Spread hommos and / or veggy spread on one side of the wrap.
- Fill the wrap with whatever you like, focus on the center. Add salad and sauces (tahini/selfmade) at the end. Don’t take too much sauce in the beginning, it will drip out of the wrap and make a mess if you use too much!
- Fold the wrap: First flip up the bottom, the fold in the sides. To take the wrap with you, for example to work, just put some aluminium foil around it.
- As a suggestion, use leftovers for a great salad the next day!