As a starter, snack, side- or main dish: Bruschettas always have that fresh and spicy taste that I love. Besides its gorgeous looks it has really affordable ingredients and is put together so quickly. Enjoy!
Ingredients for 25 bruschettas:
- 1 x big italian baguette
- 250 g cherrytomatatoes (choose tasty ones)
- 1 x onion
- 4 x garlic cloves
- olive oil (the better the oil – the better the taste!)
- fresh basil
- Preheat the oven.
- Chop down tomatoes and onion and mix well.
- Peel the garlic and cut lengthwise.
- Cut baguette in 25 equally thick pieces of bread and place on a baking tray. Roast them in the oven until they turn golden brown.
Take care: The bread turns crispy really quickly so make sure to check on it frequently.
- Take the pieces of bread out of the oven and rub in the garlic on both sides while the bread is still warm.
- Place the tomato-onion mixture on the bread (works well with 2 teaspoons) and sprinkle some olive oil on top of everything.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper just as well as a lot of fresh basil on top of every bread – it will ad fantastic flavour!
Variation: There are special spice mixtures for bruschetta that contain oregano, chili, dried garlic and other italian spices. If you ever stumble across one – have a try. It can be a nice change!