Vegan scrambled eggs! Yes, that’s right! However, this vegan variation is free of animal suffering and cholesterol and tastes amazingly much like the traditional scrambled eggs from chicken eggs.
- 1 block of natural tofu
- 1 small onion
- 1 small bell pepper (I only had very large peppers and only used half)
- 1 big tomato (or several small ones)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Kala Namak sulfur salt
- pinch of vegetable broth powder
- pinch of paprika
- pinch of pepper
- good pinch of salt
- Finely chop vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a pan and let it heat up, then add the vegetables (except the basil leaves) and fry over medium heat until the onions become glassy (about 3 minutes).
- Add tofu and sprinkle with all dry spices. Fry together for about 5 minutes, turning over again and again.
- Turn off the stove and stir in the cut basil leaves.
- Season with salt, Kala Namak and pepper. Sprinkle some freshly cut basil leaves on top.
Suggestion: Do you have Sriracha sauce at home? It is going really well over this dish, if you like it a bit more spicy!
in case you find any spelling or grammar mistakes, please let me know. Since I am german and therefore no english native, it can easily happen that I make some mistakes. I hope you enjoy my recipes and I would be very happy if you like my facebookpage to stay in touch or add me on my Instagram (minimal.vegan).
Have a great day and treat yourselves well!